BREAD BAKING for BEGINNERS and HOME BAKERS: The aim of our one-day courses is to give beginners and those brushing up their skills an introduction and overview of the different stages involved in making bread. All our courses are hands on and during the day you will weigh, mix, knead and make a number of different types of dough. You will learn about fermentation and different shaping techniques. While the dough proves and the bread bakes you can relax with a cup of tea or coffee. Our classes are a six hour (some are four hours) practical hands-on course during which you will learn how to successfully make and bake real delicious and flavourseom bread.
1. REAL BREAD COURSE - (1) Real Pan Bread (once you have tasted this you will never want to purchase a factory made slice pan ever again. We will show you how easy it is to make the dough and bake the bread. This pan has a pleasant flavour makes the best toast you will ever taste). (2) German Party Brot (this bread is great to take along to a dinner party - your friends will be hugely impressed with your baking skills). (3) Enriched Plaited Bread (looks difficult but is so simple to make and delicious). (4) Traditional Wheaten Soda Bread (unique to Ireland and very simple to make - we will give you some great baking tips).
2. WHOLESOME BREADS COURSE - (1) Oatmeal Bread (a combination of oatmeal and wheat flour gives this bread a tasty nutty flavour); (2) Holzfaller Brot (this multi grain bread is a German classic. It is made with rye flour and 4 types of seed); (3) Wholemeal Spelt (made with spelt flour and sunflower seeds - fabulous flavour) (4) Fruited Soda Bread (made with plain flour, oatmeal bran, wheat germ, honey and olive oil.
3. EUROPEAN BREADS COURSE - (1) French Fougasse (delicious cheese bread); (2) French Brioche (this is a classic and not like the sweet longlife product sold in the supermarkets); (3) German Sourdough (made with a mixture of rye and wheat); (4) Waterford Blaa (a classic introduced into Ireland by the Huguenots).
4. SAVOURY BREADS COURSE - (1) Gourmet Baguette (decorated with olives and ideal with a glass of wine); (2) Sicilian Basil & Tomato Bread - (dough is made using tomato paste, olive oil and basil. the dough is decorated with vine tomatoes); (3) Potato & Tarragon Bread - (in the past cooked potatoe was often used in peasant bread - ours is flavoured with terragon); (4) Cheese & Scallion Quick Bread (simple to make and delicious as a finger food)
5. WEEKEND BREAD BLITZ - This is a hands-on Bread Baking Extravaganza consisting of our (a) Savoury Bread baking course on the Saturday and our (b) European bread baking course on the Sunday. You will learn all there is to know about real bread baking from our baker experts.Great weekend and great value
INGREDIENTS and BAKING TIPS: You will also learn about the type of flour and yeast used and you will go away confident in your newly acquired bread baking skills. As with all our recipes we guarantee they work perfectly when you bake at home.
Bakers Do It Better - and you will learn more when you attend one of our courses. The maximum class size is 12 students and students work individually and not in pairs - we believe this provides you with a superior learning environment. Also the fee covers everything, including ingredients, and car parking is free.
Use the PayPal "Buy Now" button to book this course - if you have any difficulty simply click here to tell us about the problem.aster Class N